What does it taste like?
Botonique doesn’t taste like wine – no grapes or alcohol - though people say it reminds them of wine. They also say it reminds them in varying degrees of gin, vermouth, Pimms, tonic, ginger ale and various other things.
The truth is it doesn’t taste like anything else. It has a completely unique taste made from herbs, spices, citrus and other beneficial botanicals such as Panax Ginseng and Milk Thistle Seed, plus the Prelixir nutrients and a touch of pear juice.
We use alcohol to extract the flavour and goodness - the medium of choice for apothecaries through the ages - then remove the alcohol so the complex flavours remain but it's nothing but good for you.
So why is it called the Botanical Soft Drink for Wine Lovers?
Although it doesn’t taste like wine, Botonique complements wine in various ways. It is known as the soft drink for wine lovers because it:
1) Has the complexity and food-friendly balance of dryness and acidity of dry white wine
2) Can support wine lovers’ nutritional needs by replacing lost nutrients - it's super healthy! read more
3) Can be enjoyed alongside, in between or after drinking wine or other alcohol - your Drink between Drinks
4) Looks like Champagne or Prosecco in the glass
5) Makes a great wine spritzer
6) Fits in with a wine lovers’ rituals
7) Can be an acquired taste, as with wine, but soon becomes addictive – but in a good way
8) Takes a few months to clear after bottling, like natural unfiltered wine
9) Ages much like good wine - vibrant in youth; more rounded and profound in maturity
10) Was created by a wine merchant to have the qualities she misses when not drinking wine - but with a completely UNIQUE TASTE read more
Botonique complements wine, but it isn’t wine.